Will A Bike Rack Scratch Your Car ? - Introduction
So you are just about to purchase your brand new bike rack, but wait you start to think Will A Bike Rack Scratch Your Car ? Potentially YES it could, but not to worry Best Car Bike Rack are here to share tips and techniques to avoid this costly mistake.
More useful articles:
- What type of bike rack do I need ?
- 7 Best Bike Rack For A Subaru Crosstrek
- Best Bike Rack For A Subaru Forester
- How to fit a bike rack to a hatchback car
- Best Bike Rack For A Subaru Outback – Ultimate Guide 2020
- Best Rear Mounted Bike Carrier
- How to use a car bike rack
- Best Rear Mounted Bike Rack
- How to put a ladies bike on a bike rack
- How to install bicycle rack on car
- How to install a bike rack on car
- How to fit a bike carrier to a car
Will A Bike Rack Scratch Your Car ?
Whilst a bike rack does offer an easy and secure way for the transportation of your bike / bikes, the car bike rack can potentially scratch or damage your car and the bike if not secured correctly.
Here are a couple ways a bike rack could possibly damage your car:
- If you mount the rack when your car is dirty, you risk scratching the paint.
- If the bike rack is fitted incorrectly this may rub at the paintwork of your car.
How do I keep my bike rack from scratching my car ?
When it comes to mounting your bike rack you can add an extra layer of protection in the way of a protection film This can help with reducing scratches caused by roof racks as well as trunk racks.
Although some bike racks may come with mounting accessories that help to avoid scratches or damage to your car.
VViViD 3M Scotchgard Clear Paint Protection Vinyl Film (6 Inch x 60 Inch)
- 3M Scotchgard paint protection film is virtually invisible once installed
- Clear polyurethane film is 8mil thick with adhesive backing
- Product applied to reduce paint chips and road damage
- Keeps your car’s paint looking newer, longer
- Step by step installation instructions available online
Using your Bike Rack properly is also very important
Installing your bike rack the proper way is the first step to making sure your car isn’t scratched or damaged in the process.
Regardless of which type of bike rack you choose, you also have to use it the right way after it’s installed; otherwise, the installation process won’t matter. To reduce the risk of scratching or damaging your car. You must be using your bike rack in the proper manner, here are a few more tips:
Of course, these rules apply mostly to roof bike racks, but there are other types of bike racks as well.
We're an affiliate
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
Will A Bike Rack Scratch Your Car ? - The Conclusion
A bike rack is an excellent piece of kit for transporting your bikes, but using one incorrectly can scratch or worse damage your car and your bikes.
Nothing feels as bad than having to dig into your pockets to fix avoidable damage.
Taking a few extra minutes to make sure proper mounting with an extra layer of protection on your car can go a long way to keeping your vehicle from scratches or damage.
So we hope you found this guide Will A Bike Rack Scratch Your Car ? useful and are now better prepared for the matter in hand. If you found this article useful, please consider sharing it is greatly appreciated.
Finally please do not forget to pay a visit to our Gallery page containing lots of different Bike Racks for Cars, Vans, SUV’s, 4×4’s and Camper-vans too.
Will A Bike Rack Scratch Your Car ?