Thule Gateway Pro Bike Rack Review
The Gateway Pro Bike Rack (900700) by Thule®. When you have a variety of bikes to carry you need a rack with versatile features. The arm design and Cinch Lever of the Gateway Trunk Mount Bike Rack make this rack adjustable to accommodate various bicycle frame designs. And the Stay-put cradles and Anti-sway cages will ensure that whatever style bikes you carry, they’ll arrive safely and undamaged.
The Thule Gateway Pro is a strong and secure hanging-style trunk bike rack for 1-3 bikes.
It securely fits to most vehicles with a 6-strap tightening / fastening system.
The Thule Gateway pro also as an integrated anti-sway cradle and 7″ of spacing between bikes to help prevent contact and ultimately damage.
The compact cradle design accommodates a wide variety of bike sizes and frame styles.
Quick and easy tool-free installation, lock bikes to the bike rack with an integrated cable lock or check out the U-Locks below.
Bike rack arms adjust and fold down and out the way when not in use, folds up flat for convenient storage.
Robust trunk bike rack securely holds bikes, is easy to use, and folds for compact storage.
Want to purchase a Thule Gateway Pro Bike Rack ?
- Strong and secure hanging-style trunk bike rack for 1-3 bikes
- Secure fit to vehicle with 6-strap tightening system
- Integrated anti-sway cradles and 7″ of spacing between bikes prevents contact
- Compact cradle design accommodates a wide variety of bikes and frames
- Quick and easy tool-free installation
- Lock bikes to the bike rack with integrated cable lock
- Bike rack arms adjust and fold down when not in use
QuickFit lever to ensure a secure installation
QuickFit lever adjusts to your vehicle, allowing for easy and secure bike rack installation.
Bike arms to keep bikes from contacting each other
Bike arms are positioned to provide ample spacing between bikes to avoid bike-to-bike contact during transport.
Stay-put cradles for maximum finish protection
Stay-put cradles with soft-saddle material protect your bike’s finish from dents, scratches and other damage.
Anti-sway cages to prevent bike-to-bike and bike-to-vehicle contact
Anti-sway cages are guaranteed to protect both your vehicle and your bikes from damage by eliminating bike-to-bike and bike-to-vehicle contact.
Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
The Thule Gateway trunk mount bike rack is covered by a limited lifetime warranty against defects in material and workmanship.
Proudly made in the USA
This bike rack is made in Franklin Park, Illinois to guarantee exceptional quality and performance.
Technical specifications - Thule Gateway Pro
|Max number of bikes||3|
|Load capacity||105 lb|
|Max bike weight||35 lb|
|Dimensions||23 5″ L x 18″ W x 33″ H|
|Folded dimensions||23.5 x 18 x 21 in|
|Carbon frame compatible||✓|
|One Key System compatible||✓|
|Lockable rack-to-vehicle||✓ Adapter/s required: Thule Passive Lock Strap|
What are people saying about the Thule Gateway Pro Bike Rack ?
Very happy to find a trunk bike rack that works with my SUV.
Rock solid. Doesn’t move a millimeter.
Just received it. I have a Honda Civic coupe and thought it might not work with this car but it does.
It fits perfectly on my BMW.
It fits perfectly on my BMW. My only issue is that the product description only have pictures and didn’t have point by point directions so it took a little time initially to install. Now that I figured out the pieces of the puzzle and the bike rack and how goes on the car the next time will be a lot easier. Great product.
Solid and sturdy
I bought it for a road trip from ATL to Florida. Didn’t have any issues with the car nor with the two bikes. The rack is well built, solid and sturdy. The only reason I am giving 4 stars is because one of my bikes has a lower shaped frame, which made it very difficult to mount it on the rack. I was only able to do it with this bike on the second slot (the one farther away from the car).
How To Secure Your Bike To Your Thule Gateway Pro Bike Rack
Consider investing in a hardened steel U-lock. These locks are incredibly strong and very difficult to break open without heavy duty tools. The way these work is that the key removes a bolt that connects the two ends of the ‘U’ and then you are free to slip the lock out or in.
- You can find these locks below we have selected some of the best value.
- Always buy the best lock you can afford as the cost of buying a lock may be high but the cost of replacing your bike is considerably higher.
- Avoid cable locks or cheap combination locks as these are easy to cut through.
Summary - Thule Gateway Pro Bike Rack Review
A Thule Gateway Pro Bike Rack is an excellent addition to you and your vehicle which allows you to carry up to 3 bikes securely and safely.
So we hope you found this Thule Gateway Pro Bike Rack Buyers Guide / Review useful and are now better prepared to choose the right bike rack. If you found this article useful, please consider sharing it is greatly appreciated.
You might also like:
More useful articles:
- What type of bike rack do I need ?
- 7 Best Bike Rack For A Subaru Crosstrek
- Best Bike Rack For A Subaru Forester
- How to fit a bike rack to a hatchback car
- Best Bike Rack For A Subaru Outback – Ultimate Guide 2020
- Best Rear Mounted Bike Carrier
- How to use a car bike rack
- Best Rear Mounted Bike Rack
- How to put a ladies bike on a bike rack
- How to install bicycle rack on car
- How to install a bike rack on car
- How to fit a bike carrier to a car